[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu May 10 21:31:14 CEST 2007

Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:

> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Core2 Quad 2.66GHz, 4GB, 4Mbps ADSL:
>>> real    2m15.700s
>>> user    0m4.000s
>>> sys     0m0.213s
>>
>> 4xG5 2.5GHz, 3GB, OSX Tiger, 695,87 kbytes/s ADSL
>> time git clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg
>>
>> real    0m53.507s
>> user    0m8.105s
>> sys     0m3.040s
>>
>> damn, this machine is fast! :-)
>>
>> Guillaume
>
> G4 1.6GHz, 1GB Linux, 1Mbit/s ADSL
>
> real    1m41.356s
> user    0m6.428s
> sys     0m0.864s
>
> Fear the PowerPC!

Note that my user and sys times are much better than yours.  The
difference in real time is entirely due to network conditions.  My
connection may have a better peak speed, but I rarely reach it this
time of day.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com