[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system
Fri May 11 01:13:41 CEST 2007
On 10 May 2007, at 18:37, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 08:12:18PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 14:08 +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
>>> On 10 May 2007, at 12:13, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>>> There is now a git repo at git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg tracking
>>>> FFmpeg svn. A gitweb interface is at http://git.mplayerhq.hu/.
>>>> I will try to get git-http and cvs access working tonight.
>>> $ time git clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg
>>> real 3m44.084s
>>> user 0m11.778s
>>> sys 0m54.586s
>>> During the Indexing phase I was getting about 120-130kB/s downstream
>>> traffic and the Resolving phase ate one core of my Core Duo 1.83GHz
>>> (with 2GB ram, if that matters) for a minute or thereabouts. By
>> On a significantly slower machine I got:
>> real 0m46.690s
>> user 0m21.892s
>> sys 0m0.668s
> My values (on an Athlon64 3200+ running at 800 MHz instead of 2 GHz
> though, 1.25 GB RAM):
> real 3m21.166s
> user 0m14.389s
> sys 0m0.860s
> The "real" values are obviously due to network speed, but the 54
> for sys in the first mail look like the system has some serious
> with git... Or maybe something else was going on that thrashed the
> cache? git is very sensitive to that I think.
I discovered I was using git version 184.108.40.206. Not quite sure why or
how but regardless, I'm running 220.127.116.11 now:
$ time git clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg ffmpeg-git
Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/rob/source/ffmpeg-git/.git/
remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 45976 objects.
remote: Deltifying 45976 objects.
remote: 100% (45976/45976) done
Indexing 45976 objects.
remote: Total 45976 (delta 35912), reused 45932 (delta 35882)
100% (45976/45976) done
Resolving 35912 deltas.
100% (35912/35912) done
Checking files out...
100% (611/611) done
It still only uses one core of my Core Duo 1.83GHz but it's much
quicker during the Resolving stage now.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel