[FFmpeg-devel] asf decoding errors / malloc errors -> file truncated

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat May 12 01:59:56 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 10:52:33PM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that ffmpeg is having problems to convert this asf file...
> Here is the output (lots of errors while decoding the asf file, as
> well as malloc problems it seems).
>
> The original asf file plays fine in MPlayer/VLC. The converted mp4
> file created by ffmpeg is truncated after 1-2 seconds. I have
> uploaded the sample in ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
> bug_asf_malloc.
[...]
> Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Thanks.

well i didnt know it ...

also valgrind output, analysis of the problem and patch to fix it
are welcome :)

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies for the hardest victory is over self. -- Aristotle