[FFmpeg-devel] Issue with Capture between SVN -r8222 and SVN -r8634

Mike Martin Mike.Martin
Thu May 17 11:45:34 CEST 2007

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:08:32 +0200
From: Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it>
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Issue with Capture between SVN -r8222 and
	SVN -r8634
To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
	<ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>

Hi,

Mike Martin wrote:
> An issue seems to have occurred with the v4l capture code between
these
> revisions (and still exiists as of yesterday)
>
> When ffmpeg starts encoding it resets the following values
>
> Norm NTSC
> Input Television
Can you try the "-tvstd" and "-vc" options to set the desired video
standard and input?

Also, the attached patch should restore the previous ffmpeg defaults.
Can you try it (the patch must be applied over the sources from current
svn)? I had to post these patches last week, but I got distracted by
other issues... Sorry.

Let me know if there are problems with "-tvstd" and "-vc", and if the
attached patch works.

	Thanks,
				Luca

Will try patch when I get home.

Tried -tvstd - had no effect

Didn't try -vc because

`-vc channel'
Set video grab channel (DV1394 only).

(from manpage)

SunGard Vivista Limited, Marshfield, Chippenham, Wiltshire? SN14 8SR
Telephone: 08456 041999,? Fax: 08456 052999

Registered Office:? 33 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8AA.? Registered in England No. 1593831 VAT Reg No. GB 810 9546 34

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of SunGard Vivista by MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info at vivista.sungard.com

For further information http://www.sungard.com/vivista