[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg-devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 194

Mike Martin Mike.Martin
Fri May 18 12:25:13 CEST 2007

>Please don't include headers from the message you are replying to.

Sorry - as I'm replying to digest kept those in for clarity, just
realised a bit silly

> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Luca Abeni wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Mike Martin wrote:
>> [...]
>> > As undocumented by beginning would it be
>> >
>> > Ffmpeg -tvstd -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 etc
>> As per ffmpeg's manual, "-tvstd" wants a parameter:
>>  > `-tvstd standard'
>>  >    Set television standard (NTSC, PAL (SECAM)).
>> So, try
>> ./ffmpeg -tvstd PAL -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 ...
>> (instead of "PAL", use the name of the video standard you want to
set.
>> It must be a video standard name recognised by the v4l2 driver)
>
> For v4l2, valid formats are 'PAL-BG', 'SECAM-L', 'NTSC-M', etc.  Just
> plain PAL or NTSC isn't enough.
>
> It might be nice to make NTSC an alias for NTSC-M and PAL an alias for
> PAL-BG.

>Please prefix quoted lines with a >

sorry brain-dead mailer

> SunGard Vivista Limited, Marshfield, Chippenham, Wiltshire? SN14 8SR
> Telephone: 08456 041999,? Fax: 08456 052999
>
> Registered Office:? 33 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8AA.? Registered in
England No. 1593831 VAT Reg No. GB 810 9546 34

> the system manager.

> www.mimesweeper.com
>
> This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of
SunGard Vivista by MessageLabs.

mailsweeper.info at vivista.sungard.com

> For further information http://www.sungard.com/vivista

> I believe this takes the prize for longest senseless footer ever.

agreed - not much I can do about it though

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of SunGard Vivista by MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info at vivista.sungard.com

For further information http://www.sungard.com/vivista