[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Justin ffmpeg
Thu May 24 04:33:50 CEST 2007

Hi.

I'm wondering if the ffmpeg development team supports the idea of
soliciting bounties in order to encourage new features for ffmpeg.

I know that Google supports open source initiatives by sponsoring
programmers to work with open-source teams, and I've benefited from
their generosity.  I was wondering if anyone had considered expanding
on that idea, and accepting donations in order to encourage
development of specific features.

Is this something that the core team of developers has previously
discussed and dismissed?  If not, is there a preferred method /
website / scheme for supporting FFmpeg development in this fashion?

I'd like to see improvements in FFmpeg (like a "-f iPod" parameter
which sets defaults to be iPod/AppleTV compatible) and would be happy
to contribute financially to help make that happen, as I'm simply not
skilled enough to contribute useful code to the project.

-JD.