[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Mike Melanson mike
Thu May 24 08:32:24 CEST 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_ipod

> to produce such output? Is the goal to load and manage
> the  iPod with ffmpeg, or simply to produce a file
> that can be loaded on an iPod using iTunes, or some
> other program?

Scenario: End user wants to convert random-video-file.avi to a file that
will play on his video iPod. We could overload the user with a bunch of
jargon about container formats, A/V codecs, maximum bitrates and an
endless array of tweakable options.

Or we can just give the user a '-ipod' option that will "do the right
thing" (convert to 320x240, chooses the right framerate and bitrate).
Or, more likely, '-profile ipod', which will allow for more profiles
like PSP, another popular target.

It may not be quite that easy. Not sure about all the parameters, but
there are probably different capability levels for different iPods (ones
that support MPEG-4 video and ones that support H.264). But that's the idea.

--
	-Mike Melanson