[FFmpeg-devel] Request for comment: Tutorial

top top swm_sg
Thu May 24 09:23:41 CEST 2007

Truely great.

I would expect to see something related to packetize/depacketize data from RTP packet as well.

Scott

----- Original Message ----
From: V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com>
To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:50:23 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Request for comment: Tutorial

Hi,

> I have written a rather lengthy ffmpeg tutorial that starts by going
> over Martin Bohme's old tutorial, then proceeding to recreate
> ffplay.c, teaching about how ffmpeg, SDL, and video in general works.
>
> Here's the link:
> http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.html
>
> I am a relative newcomer to ffmpeg, however, and there may be some
> factual errors. I've tried my best to figure out exactly how the
> ffmpeg libraries work, and it's undergone a lot of revisions, so
> hopefully I've gotten everything right.

Great tutorial!

I just have two nitpicks:

a) In http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/tutorial07.html, the link at the bottom
named as "Software scaling" should point to tutorial08.html

b) Would be possible to offer a "printer friendly" version?
(I'm old enough to prefer reading in paper dense matters such as
these ones :-) )

Regards,
V?ctor