[FFmpeg-devel] Bounties?

Justin ffmpeg
Thu May 24 15:16:56 CEST 2007

Well, I'm shocked at how many conversations have happened while I've
been asleep.

The message was supposed to bring on more of a discussion about
implementing bounties, but I'm glad to have spurred the conversation
about adding presets for all devices -- there was one comment about
iPods being a fad -- but even if that's true, there's dozens of
portable players that would benefit from a conversion tool like
ffmpeg -- portable media players aren't going to disappear anytime

As for making an iPod the bounty...  iPods are hard to split amongst
teams, where as cash is at least somewhat divisible.  I wouldn't be
against the idea though.

It sounds like the idea of accepting bounties in order to prioritize
development tasks is acceptable to the majority of folks who've
responded -- the next question is...  Is there a pre-existing
community that handles this?  I know that
http://www.bountycounty.org/ is in operation, but it doesn't appear
to be updated very frequently.  (Last post in 2006.)  Can someone
recommend a service that administrates this, or do I just go and make
a Paypal 'tip jar' and administrate it myself?