[FFmpeg-devel] How to Open TS stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri May 25 14:27:37 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:02:31PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I want to write a player for DTV TS stream based on FFMpeg.
> When I try to open a TS stream with 6 ps streams(3 video stream and 3 audio
> stream) like this:
>
> av_open_input_file(&pFormatCtx, (LPCTSTR)name, NULL, 0, NULL )
>
> pFormatCtx->nb_streams returns NOT 6 but 2.  ( I can play all the Program in
> my TS stream correctly with VLC )
> So can anybody tell me, how can I open TS stream with multi-ps correctly?

this list is for development of ffmpeg not for questions about how to
use ffmpeg

TS streams do not contain PS stream

and the obvious information we would need is if ffmpeg itself, that is
ffmpeg -i yourfile
can detect all streams or not (if it can your code is buggy, if it cannot
you should submit a full bugreport as described in bugreports.html)

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle