[FFmpeg-devel] snow developement - donations

Lars Täuber lars.taeuber
Sat May 26 21:00:54 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

> its rather whoever did some work gets the money, its more fair
> also i really would wish more people would contribute to snow, there are so
> many simple things people could do, some examples:
> * read the code and ask questions about what you dont understand, then
>   document these things or simplify the code so others have less problems
>   understanding it
> * implement some ideas from the TODO list
> * perform PSNR/bitrate tests with various bitrates with the standard test
>   videos with the stuff implemented from the TODO list
> * read the code and document the bitstream in snow.txt, there are many
>   people who have reverse engeneered obfuscated asm successfully here
>   so i wont belive theres noone capable to do it with commented c source
>   code and theability to ask the author ...

what do you think about writing something about ffmpeg is looking for programmers for snow on the web page? And that there ist some money as a refund for special kind of work?
I mean 1200 euros is not only a few.

You decide who earned how many from it.

There are some people out there that would participate - I'm sure. I fear they don't know about the possibilities.

It's a pity but I'm not skilled enough for ffmpeg. That's why I offer my money.