[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 29 16:30:35 CEST 2007

Hi

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:13:16PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 29 mai 07 ? 11:58, Guillaume POIRIER a ?crit :

> >>It looks good to me, but is the "asm" -> "asm volatile" part
> >>absolutely necessary?
> >
> >Don't know. This sure can be tested. I'd like to point out that every
> >ASM block in lavc is declared as "asm volatile", except in fft_sse.c.
> >Why is that? Why would you want them to be left as non-volatile?
> >
> >Won't GCC try to outsmart us sooner or later and break your beautiful
> >little ASM blocks? ;-)
>
> Ok, I just tested it: adding "volatile" keyword doesn't help fixing
> the bug, so I removed it, hence attached patch.

id like to understand precissely what caused the problem and how before
some patch is applied

someonw should use gcc -S and gdb to look at what gets
misscompiled/missassembled exactly

Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves? -- Diogenes of Sinope