[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Alternative OS/2 patch

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Mon Nov 5 13:05:35 CET 2007

Hello,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 02:07:54PM -0800, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> I'm not sure about the use of SLIB_EXTRA_CMD in mingw. It looks like it is
>> just appending some more linker flags in which case they could perhaps be
>> moved to SHFLAGS and SLIB_EXTRA_CMD moved to prelinking or replaced by
>> SLIB_CREATE_DEF_CMD. The SLIB_EXTRA_CMD here could easily be rolled into
>> SLIB_CREATE_DEF_CMD as well.
>
> I'm not sure what the lib command does either, but since it is run after
> installation it cannot add linker flags unless I misunderstand what you
> mean by "adding linker flags".
>
> Doesn't the lib command create some sort of def file as well?

In SHFLAGS, "-Wl,--output-def,$(@:$(SLIBSUF)=.def)" is responsible for
creating the DEF file. Isn't there something similar for OS/2? (letting
the compiler create the DEF file when building the shared library).

In SLIB_EXTRA_CMD, the lib command creates a LIB file from the DEF file.
The output filename is implicit.

Ramiro Polla