[FFmpeg-devel] OSX 10.5 (Leopard) build problem

Graham Booker gbooker
Wed Nov 7 02:41:35 CET 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> 	Would modifying the asm() code be an option?  I am not an asm
> 	coder but I would hope there would be a reordering or modifying the
> code
> 	to not trigger the "can't find a register" error.  Make the code pic
> 	perhaps?

To those interested, I have a patch in the perian repository which
does exactly that.

http://trac.perian.org/browser/trunk/ffmpeg-patch (don't judge too
harshly, it seems to work and I stopped working on it then).

Most of the modifications are just changing the MANGLE(symbol) to a
%code associated with a "m" (don't know the terminology).  It seems
like this was changed from the state in my patch to the current state
for a reason.  I don't know what that reason is, but I would guess it
gcc compatibility.

It also includes Pierre's patch from the "Fix apply_welch_window_sse2
compilation on Mac OS X/x86" thread.