[FFmpeg-devel] WMV9, parrallel processing of

Loren Merritt lorenm
Fri Nov 9 20:22:41 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, andrew holway wrote:

> I have a client that has huge volumes DV video that needs crunching
> into WMV9. I'm into cluster computing so he asked me if I could find a
> solution to crunch this video in parallel. This would not be a "crunch
> this file here and this file here" job. Files would have to be broken
> down and stitched together again.

Why not "crunch this file here and this file here"? Surely "huge volumes"
means multiple videos. The only reasons to throw multiple cpus at one
encode are: if you have more cpus than videos, or if you're bound by
latency and not throughput.

--Loren Merritt