[FFmpeg-devel] Patch profile/level of existing avc-in-mp4 file

Erik Slagter erik
Sun Nov 18 12:43:24 CET 2007

Hi there,

I need to patch the profile/level info of all my of avc-in-mp4 files as
my PS3 appears to be picky about it. It supports up to 4.1 while
ffmpeg/x264 creates them 5.1 by default. Of course I didn't specify the
level while encoding, so now I am stuck with a whole bunch of file that
the PS3 won't play, probably only because of a few bits called profile.

Would by any chance be there anybody who has a q&d proglet that exactly
does his? Of course I'll try anything before resorting to re-encoding,
as the source material is no longer available... Any pointer or trick
will also be appreciated.

(posting this to ffmpeg-devel because I suspect a developer might have
such a thing around, don't flame me for not posting in ffmpeg-user please)

Thanks.