[FFmpeg-devel] Patch profile/level of existing avc-in-mp4 file

Erik Slagter erik
Sun Nov 18 12:55:28 CET 2007

> [question posed as should be answered in -user]
>
>> (posting this to ffmpeg-devel because I suspect a developer might have
>> such a thing around, don't flame me for not posting in ffmpeg-user please)
>
> rephrase as "I'd like to set the profile level explicitly in ffmpeg and
> seems that the current command line doesn't provide (check, it should
> already) a simple way to set it." or "I'd like to add a ps3 preset
> likely there are a psp and a wii ones"
>
> and probably someone would answer this way.

Nope, that is not what I am asking. If this were my question, I would
have had it answered a hundred times already using google and the
mailing list archives.

I am also very much aware of the -level option in ffmpeg.

What I need is a tool that changes the profile/level information AFTER
encoding. This wouldn't be a very difficult thing I guess. There is
already some windows program that claims to do it (but doesn't work
nonetheless, surprise...)