[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] matroska timestamps not always pts

elupus elupus
Wed Nov 21 23:09:52 CET 2007

"elupus" <elupus at ecce.se> wrote in message
news:fi1fib$muh$1 at ger.gmane.org...

> That is how I understood it. Remember thou that this isn't the normal
> native
> way of storing data in matroska. It's only when the stream was in ms
> compatibility mode. I will check with the matroska people once again to
> make
> sure i understood it right. In either case i have a sample that is stored
> like that, so either that is how timestamps should be interpreted, or
> there
> is a broken muxer out there.
>
> Joakim

<elupus> i've got the ffmpeg people to listen. just need one verification.
in ms compatibility mode, are the timestamps stored as a copy of the psuevdo
timestamps in avi generated from framenumber?
<elupus> ie timestamps can never be out of order even in the case of mpeg4
with b frames
<Haali> yes, vfw compat mode is a copy of avi

Hope that is enough verification. So is the patch okey?, or do you guys
think it should be handled some other way?

/Joakim