[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Nov 22 14:06:01 CET 2007

Hi Aurelien,

Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
[...]
>> +#ifndef FFMPEG_AVDEVICE_H
>> +#define FFMPEG_AVDEVICE_H
>> +
>> +#define LIBAVDEVICE_VERSION_INT ((51<<16)+(19<<8)+0)
>> +#define LIBAVDEVICE_VERSION     51.19.0
>> +#define LIBAVDEVICE_BUILD       LIBAVDEVICE_VERSION_INT
>
> Why do you set version to 51.19.0 ???
> It looks like an old avformat version.

Unless I mistyped something, that was the libavformat version
when I created this file. Should I start from 1.0.0, update
to 52.0.0, or do something else? Let me know and I'll fix the
patches.

[...]
>> -    av_register_all();
>> +    avdevice_register_all();
>
> It should be possible to build ffmpeg/ffplay without linking
> them to libavdevice

Ok, sorry... I did not know about this requirement

> (needs the call to avdevice_register_all
> to be conditionnal, but can be done later).
> This means that you shouldn't rely on avdevice_register_all()
> to register formats and codecs.

So, should I change this to an explicit call to
avcodec_register_all(), followed by av_register_all() and then
avdevice_register_all()? If everyone agrees on this, I have no
problems in doing this change...

I'd like to commit this patch soon (actually, I was going to
commit it when I saw your email :)... But I want to be sure that
the main developers agree with this change. Let me know.

			Thanks,
				Luca