[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Split libavformat

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 28 02:03:33 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 01:01:22AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:46:56PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > I don't think FFmpeg should enter into the operating system business.
> >
> > if you want ffmpeg to be useable only on linux then i think you should
> > remove yourself from the list of people who have write access to ffmpeg
> > svn
> > its definitly not my intent to make ffmpeg run only on 1-3 Platforms
> > for no reason beyond that we can
> > also i dont think our users or the other developers want that ...
> >
> > if support requires changes which would lead to less readable or harder
> > to maintain code (VC++ for example) droping that is fine
> >
> > but arguing that the code doesnt belong into lavf and then arguing that
> > we should not create a proper place for such code is very unprofessional
> > and egoistic
>
> I never said anything remotely similar to what you imply.

well you definitly did remove various OS related hacks from lavf, and it
didnt seem like you were in favor of moving them somewhere else, if that isnt
so then iam sorry for the missunderstanding

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates