[FFmpeg-devel] Encoding video stream into CIF and 25 fps video format

Anthony Chapellier anthony
Fri Oct 5 16:06:14 CEST 2007

Benoit Fouet a ?crit :
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>> Anthony Chapellier a ?crit :
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm a beginner with video codecs and ffmpeg so I'd appreciate some help.^^
>>>
>>> I'm doing some devel on a program which encode a video stream provided
>>> by a webcam using h263 codec from libavcodec library. Until today, the
>>> program has been working perfectly fine and encoded the video into QCIF
>>> and 10fps video format.
>>>
>>> However, I wish to change those settings and encode the video into CIF
>>> and 25 fps video format. And this is my big problem !!! Firstly I'm
>>> unable to get 25 fps, the video stream don't go over 15 fps...
>>> Secondary, when I try to encode the video into CIF I got a lot of error
>>> messages :
>>>
>>> - rc buffer underflow
>>> - concealing xxx DC, xxx AC, xxx MV errors
>>>
>>> And something weird is that the video quality is really good during a
>>> few seconds and after that it's full of grey pixels.So do you know how I
>>> could solve this problem ? is there some setting I didn't well like
>>> buffer size, bit rate or something else... ?
>>>

>> We cant do anything without the exact command used and its output messages.
>>

> and such questions belong to ffmpeg-user

Sorry, I just tought ffmpeg-devel was better than ffmpeg-user since I'm
working directly on the program code. But I'll ask there if you say so.

--
M. Anthony Chapellier
---------

Tel : +33 (0) 148 35 20 46