[FFmpeg-devel] Bugreport: compiling fails with -fPIC used

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Tue Oct 16 17:00:31 CEST 2007

Thorsten Jordan schrieb:
> Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
> The question is if ffmpeg developers want to support the -fPIC
> compatibility. I supposed so because there is the special HAVE_7REGS
> handling. In that case the current code doesn't compile.

ok, if anyone wants this, here is my proposal how to make the code -fPIC
compatible on i686.

There are two places of trouble, for the first case i replace %1 by
%%ebx, as j = -i before the code starts. Shouldn't be that slower,
except the push/pop.

For the second place i do not use 3*"m"-parameter, but one "r" as index.

--
Greetings, Thorsten