[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] remove lrintf fallback implementation

Rich Felker dalias
Sun Oct 21 21:58:55 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 12:51:19PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >> If I never see another mail complaining about missing llrint and a
> >> broken patch which try to implement it I'm actually in favour of this patch.
> >
> > I'm against optimized cpu-specific implementations to work around
> > broken systems with missing llrint, but is there something wrong with
> > just implementing it as (long long)rint(x) ?? llrint is a C99 feature
> > and C99 math features are notoriously poorly supported...
>
> rint() raises the inexact floating-point exception if the argument
> isn't an integer.  nearbyint() does not raise the exception, but is
> also a C99 feature IIRC.

And libavcodec is not using floating point exceptions so it's not
relevant. Surely there's no way the state of exceptions could be
expected to be maintained across calls to lavc functions. It's not
even maintained by standard math library functions.

Rich