[FFmpeg-devel] libavutil simd

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Oct 23 18:09:40 CEST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:55:41AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:13:03AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > Diego (I think) had a design for a system by which the makefiles in
> > > each directory could function either standalone or included from the
> > > makefile in the parent directory, allowing non-recursive make and
> > > integrating makefiles.
> >
> > I never got around to implementing this. What I do have half-finished
> > in a local tree is including all of FFmpeg in MPlayer and calling
> > FFmpeg's configure and make.
>
> That's mildly uglier than what we have right now, IMO..

It saves us a lot of duplication in configure and maintenance work every
time that there are changes in FFmpeg's build system.  Now MPlayer
breaks every time there are changes to FFmpeg and some things are not
supported, like for example libvorbis encoding, even though FFmpeg
provides the possibility.

Diego