[FFmpeg-devel] Why is rtp.h installed?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Oct 26 13:15:48 CEST 2007

Hi Aurelien,

Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
[...]
>> So, would anyone be against removing rtp.h and rtsp.h from the
>> installed headers? (of course, this will require to fix some
>> "#include"... If people agree, I'll send a patch).
>
> I would like to see them removed from installed headers, but that
> don't seem so simple.
> For example, ffmpeg.c directly modify rtsp_default_protocols
This is... Ugly :(
But I suspect it is not difficult to fix. ffserver.c looks much more
complex :(

Anyway, I think that what we have now is still too complex...
What about removing the "#include "rt(s)p.h" from avformat.h, and
forcing the users of RT(S)P to explicitly include such headers?
If it's ok, I'll send a patch.

				Luca