[FFmpeg-devel] higher-level libs?
Sat Oct 27 12:04:26 CEST 2007
Does anyone know of any higher-level libraries, in C, C++ or Python,
which reduce the application programming effort needed to use lavc/lavf?
My idea of an ideal wrapper lib would be one which gives simple
- open an arbitrary video file for input
- read transparently-decoded video frames, as raw YCbCr or RGB planes
- read decoded audio, as buffers of raw samples
- open an arbitrary video file for output
- choose codecs, frame size, fps, audio sample rate etc
- feed in raw video frames, as raw YCbCr or RGB planes
- feed in raw audio samples
I'd be most comfortable with a library which allows the application to
achieve these things in dozens, rather than hundreds or thousands of
All help appreciated.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel