[FFmpeg-devel] forcing mjpegenc to use fixed quantisation tables

Tom Van Braeckel tomvanbraeckel
Sun Oct 28 18:15:18 CET 2007

Hi, at http://code.google.com/p/amv-codec-tools/ we're stuck because we
can't seem to find a way to force mjpegenc to use fixed quantisation tables,
as opposed to generating and changing them during the encoding process. The
AMV mjpeg format uses fixed quantisation tables and our encoder now shows
blocks because we are using of the changing mjpeg quantisation tables.

Can anyone, presumably Fabrice Bellard,  Alex Beregszaszi or  Michael
Niedermayer, hint us a way to gracefully apply this hack ?
When this issue is resolved, we can begin discussing the code to merge it
into ffmpeg.