[FFmpeg-devel] [Bugreport] and [Patch]: duration of TS streams is wrong when used near 2^33 wrap

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Mon Oct 29 16:52:52 CET 2007

Rich Felker schrieb:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 01:01:38PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> I'm inclined to say that rather than trying to guess the unknown, we should
>>> simply report the duration of these files as unknown.
>> yes, fully agree
>
> Me too. I'm inclined to always agree with this principle. Returning
> guesses in fields documented as providing reliable information is very
> bad.
following that argumentation, the current implementation to compute
duration would have to be removed too, because it is a guess as well, as
Mans said. But who would want that?
The proposed change wouldn't make the current situation much worse imho,
but ok, it is your decision.

--
Greetings, Thorsten