[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RM muxer fix

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Oct 31 20:28:52 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:06:31PM +0300, Kostya wrote:
> As spotted by Benoit, current regression tests fail
> in part of RM testing.
>
> That happens because lavf RM muxer generates very
> incorrect data (length and position values).

no, a segfault in the rm demuxer is a bug in the rm demuxer and no
change to the muxer can fix it!
also we cannot drop support for old rm files, correct or not

this patch is "on hold" until the demxuer is fixed and the regression
tests pass again

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali