[FFmpeg-devel] seeking in ts (was: mpegvideo_parser outputs incomplete frames)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Sep 3 00:28:40 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 09:33:02PM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 10:16:57PM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> > > Yes it should, but seeking in mpeg-ts is currently broken for me at
> > > least for frame copying, because first_dts isn't updated after a seek
> > > and that leads to oscillating timestamp problems.  Please consider the
> > > appended patch.
> >
> > updated after a seek !?
> > what do you want to update, first_dts is the first dts, that doesnt change
> > after a seek
>
> Well I want/need to call av_find_stream_info() after the seek (stream
> parameters might have changed a lot after a seek in ts), and at the
> end of that we have

could we maybe rather work on the truncated frame issue without dragging
this into your highly controversal view of how to use av_find_stream_info()

if not this will just lead to me rejecting the patches

and to return to the original question, do or do not the patches change
seeking behavior in ts (iam not asking if it works, it cant work as
timestamp discontinuities arent handled properly also calling
av_find_stream_info() at an inappropriate point will not correct this)
question is just if it gets worse due to the patches

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik