[FFmpeg-devel] AAC support in SDP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Sep 3 15:03:39 CEST 2007

Hi Luca,

thanks for the comments

Luca Barbato wrote:
[...]
> +static char *config_prepare(const uint8_t *extradata, int extradata_size)
> +{
> +    char *config;
> +
>
> isn't a bit generic name?

Well, this is the best name I could invent ;-) (since the function is
preparing a "config=" attribute, it looked like the logical name)
But if there are better proposals, I have no problems in changing it (is
the "config=" attribute mpeg4-specific? If yes, the function name could
be mpeg4_config_prepare())

>> P.S.: yes, this means that I also have a patch for AAC support in the
>> RTP packetizer (stay tuned ;-)
>
> Great =), btw the aac packetization rules can be applied to anything
> stored in mov...

This look interesting... So, it can be used for h.264 too? I did not
find references to it in RFC3640, but maybe there is some updated RFC?
I only tried RFC3640 packetization with aac, but I'll run some other
tests soon

			Thanks,
				Luca