[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] visual artifacts when playing FLV/H263

Vladimir Pantelic pan
Tue Sep 4 11:36:52 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

>> BTW, same artifacts seen with mplayer, the Linux Flash Plugin plays the video
>> correctly:
>>
>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uuh0_wallstrip-blue-nile-inc-nile_fun
>
> its of no relevance what any tool does with a different file
> the question is can anything play the file you uploaded?

Well, its' not a different file, in the end the same .FLV file will be
downloaded and played by the Flash Plugin, but as the Flash Plugin does not
allow to directly open a .FLV file, you have to go through the website and the
.SWF around it to play it...

> if not or you dont awnser then this reports is closed/invalid
> if yes then provide precisse instructions how to reproduce that correct
> playback of that file

I did some more tests. I tried the official Flash 7 SDK (which I have access to
but obviously cannot share) and this one renders the same "errors". The only
player that seems to play this stream correctly is the current Flash 9 plugin,
but I assume now that they somehow detect and conceal the error, so I rest my
case for now.

Thanks and Regards,

Vladimir