[FFmpeg-devel] AAC support in SDP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Sep 5 08:27:27 CEST 2007

Hi Luca,

Luca Barbato wrote:
[...]
>> This look interesting... So, it can be used for h.264 too? I did not
>
> I was thinking about adding the packetizer I have in feng to ffmpeg...

Is it implementing rfc3984? Which mode? (I think Non-interleaved mode is
  the most reasonable thing to implement).
I have some half-working code for it... If you plan to commit your code
from feng, let me know and I'll stop working on my one (to avoid
duplicated effort).

>> find references to it in RFC3640, but maybe there is some updated RFC?
>> I only tried RFC3640 packetization with aac, but I'll run some other
>> tests soon
>
> the 3640 explains a method to packetize anything you can put in an mpeg4
> elementary stream, more or less

Ok, I re-read it, trying to better understand the "Generic Mode". But
how can a client understand what's the content of a stream packettized
in generic mode? If I get it right, there is nothing in the SDP that
specifies if the stream is audio, video, or something else (and I do not
think the config information is enough to understand what a stream is...).

Anyway, I tried to do some experiments, but I did not find any client
able to receive and correctly understand RFC3640's generic mode.
So, for the moment I only implemented AAC-hbr mode :)

			Thanks,
				Luca