[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] cpu specific implementation of libavutil functions

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Sep 5 17:10:50 CEST 2007

Recently I got an altivec adler32 implementation from Sigbj?rn Skj?ret
and the main issue is how to plant it into libavutils and find a sane
general way.

Possibilities:

- make the av_* a pointer and set it to default to the _c
implementation, have an av_init_* function to switch it to the other.

- duplicate completely dsputils (keep a context, init it somewhere, pass
it to the av_* function or just keep it inside it...)

- something better that I hadn't write/thought yet.

- move dsputil in a standalone library

lu

--

Luca Barbato