[FFmpeg-devel] [REQUEST] Use libnemesi as RTSP stream client in FFmpeg

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Sep 11 13:30:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

Andreas Setterlind wrote:
> Out of personal interest I keep up with the ffmpeg-devel and
> ffmpeg-cvslog mailing-lists, thus I have recently noticed many
> additions and improvements to FFmpeg's RTP/RTSP related code, though
> it seem to me that part of FFmpeg still lack structure and
> completeness like the rest of FFmpeg.

Well, our RTP code is not perfect yet, but it's getting better... I
mainly work on the RTP muxer; if you (or anyone else) see problems with
it, please report them...

> This is why I was wondering if
> anyone here also think that it might be a good idea to integrate the
> libnemesi library (from the NeMeS project) into FFmpeg and use its
> code for all RTSP, RTP/RTCP and SDP streaming?

The ffmpeg's RTP improvements and additions that you cited above are in
the RTP muxer (the code for sending RTP packets), while as far as I know
libnemesi only implements an RTP demuxer (the code for receiving RTP
packets).

If you want to improve the RTP demuxer in libavformat, or to implement a
new demuxer based on libnemesi, I think patches are welcome (for the
moment, I am working on the RTP muxer)

				Luca