[FFmpeg-devel] Use AVFMT_FLAG_GENPTS flag in ffserver

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Sep 11 13:45:09 CEST 2007

Hi all;

the attached patch always sets the AVFMT_FLAG_GENPTS when opening an
input file in ffserver. This is needed because the RTP muxer needs the
PTS for each packet, and (unless I misunderstood something) Michael
suggested this solution.

With this patch, ffserver is (finally! :) able to correctly stream .mpg
files, and as far as I understand the patch does not break anything.

I'll wait two or three days, and apply if noone complains.