[FFmpeg-devel] config.err

Cian Duffy myob87
Mon Sep 24 01:09:42 CEST 2007

On 07/09/2007, jeanmichel cote <jeanmichelcote at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i'm trying to install ffmpeg on mac os 10.3.8. via the terminal
>
> i've downloaded the ffmpeg current revision from svn.
>
> Now when i tried to configure it with that command:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl
> --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-liba52 --enable-libamr-nb
> --enable-libamr-wb --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm
> --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay
> --disable-debug --disable-audio-oss --disable-network
>
> it first told me that "--disable-audio-oss" was an unknown option.
>
> so i just erased that option from the configure command.
>
> The result of the command was now producing an error and suggesting me to
> post it on this mailing list, which is what i'm doing at the moment.
>
> The attached file is the config.err file output by trying to run the
> configuration command.
>
> Thanks for checking it out and i'd like to be instructed what was wrong
> and
> if there is a way to remediate and make it  work
>
> :-)

This belongs on ffmpeg-user. Put simply, you don't have FAAD installed in
your path, you can disable this by removing --enable-libfaad from your
configure.

The OSS option is now --disable-muxer=audio_oss --disable-demuxer=audio_oss
IIRC. It won't get built if you don't have OSS installed anyway.

Cian