[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Expose more legal encoding parameters from AVCodec

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Apr 10 09:41:15 CEST 2008

On date Tuesday 2008-04-08 15:39:33 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Tuesday 2008-04-08 15:20:24 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 01:17:45PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> [...]
> > > Excellent, here it is a list of the fields I would like to see
> > > implemented each one with a corresponding braindump, please comment on
> > > them if you have suggestions/blames regarding them.
[...]
> Also looking at libamr.c I thought about a supported_bitrates field, I
> don't know if this could be useful for other codecs as well. It could
> be implemented both as a list of integers or as an expression for the
> arithmetic evaluator so to gain more flexibility... thoughts?

Forget this last comment, an evaluator expression wouldn't be of much
use when you need to know which are the valid values, rather than just
evaluate if a value is valid.

Regards
--
FFmpeg =  Fucking Fiendish Multimedia Portable Enhaced Gymnast