[FFmpeg-devel] GOM Player on the Blacklisted Projects

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Apr 10 12:29:19 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:59:00PM -0400, Francois Oligny-Lemieux wrote:

> I have good news!

I have good news as well: I was perfectly aware of all these issues.

However:

- The GOM people were never in compliance with any interpretation of the
  LGPL.
- You can always *ask* for whatever you want and interpret compliance as
  a sign of goodwill.
- The GPL v2 / LGPL 2.1 does not feature a clause about restoration of
  distribution rights.  Once you break the license, those rights are
  permanently lost.  The only way to get them back is to petition the
  copyright holder(s), i.e. us.  We can ask anything in return for this
  and are under no obligation to restore the rights at all.

Diego