[FFmpeg-devel] Mpeg4 audio in TS

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Apr 18 15:11:12 CEST 2008

Luca Barbato wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:

>>> Hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering why you won't
>>> allow those changes under the LGPL?
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> because the LGPL is parassites-friendly

That's OK.  I consider the GPL a parasite.

> By extension every code produced by a gpl editor should be gpl? Every
> program built by gcc should be gpl?

The GPL is actually pretty clear about this.  I wouldn't trust the FSF
not to attempt something like that in a future version though.

> lu - yes it's a bit of a flame

Nothing quite like a little Friday flame.

FYI, I'm at work, writing pay-TV software using XEmacs (GPL) and compiling
it with gcc.  Oh, and it's running on Broadcom hardware.  ;-)

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com