[FFmpeg-devel] License Violation by AllokSoft

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai
Sun Apr 20 15:50:23 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, V?ctor Paesa wrote:

> I just added issue 438 to report the violation.
> [...]
> P.S. Chris (Ribe), if you read this would you take care of
> https://roundup.mplayerhq.hu/roundup/ffmpeg/issue438 ?

Looks like another "company", that seems to have made a small career out
of license violations: As I saw no real contact information apart from
the support e-mail address, I did few whois-lookups, which revealed,
via few other addresses (pointing to China), and led to similar
clone-sites/companies offering software related to video conversion:

 * http://www.aone-soft.com/
 * http://www.screxpert.com/

Apart from FFmpeg and MPlayer violations, I noticed at least
LGPL'd libfame (http://fame.sourceforge.net/) being used without
credits in "Aone Software's" "Ultra RM Converter". Wouldn't be
surprised if there are more.

On an amusing sidenote, at least these rather obvious scammers admit
how good FFmpeg & co are: "Our team of senior tech members has
designed many video & audio converting technology that have super
fast conversion speed and performance."

And I concur - good work, people! ;D

--
] ccr/TNSP^DKD^pWp :: ccr(at)tnsp(dot)org :: http://ccr.tnsp.org/
] Fingerprint: 0466 95ED 96DF 3701 C71D   D62D 10A6 28A6 1374 C112