[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] be more kind with wrong psm in mpeg ps

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Apr 21 23:02:30 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> writes:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> [...]
>>> I still don't like it.  Idiots that create invalid files can blame
>>> themselves.
>> While I understand your point, the point here is more about general
>> policy, and general policy is to support as many files as we can without
>> breaking and polluting too much the code.
> The point is that we'd be adding support for invalid files while
> breaking support for some valid files.  That is not acceptable.

It could break when using private_stream_1, psm mentioning mpeg1 audio,
and not using DVD(?) private mechanism, but IMHO you must really brain
dead doing that, even more than using pcm and wanting to use a psm (psm
for pcm is not defined AFAIK).

Atm I don't see how this patch can break valid files.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312