[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rtp - blocking loop in udp_read_packet

elupus elupus
Wed Apr 23 11:41:55 CEST 2008

Anthony Champagne <anthony.champagne <at> haxe.fr> writes:

> What do you think of, could it be part of a patch ? or is there another way
> (except threadlock entire av_read_packet() call with a previously
> initialized global variable with format context) to achieve my needs ?
> Anthony Champagne

I posted a patch a while back that caused the read function to behave semi
nonblocking and return EAGAIN if no data was available. You could potentially
use that.

But as Luca pointed out. It's not entire complete as it could still stall
during a read + it's not really the correct use for that flag as sockets are
really not nonblocking.

A complete implementation of nonblocking reads or fixing up the abort function
to give context would be accepted as a patch.