[FFmpeg-devel] includes moved: need to change pkgconfig files

sean darcy seandarcy2
Thu Apr 24 16:11:45 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The includes seem to have moved from /usr/include/ffmpeg to
>> /usr/include/ffmpeg/lib{avcodec, swscale, etc}. I assume this was for a
>> good reason.
>>
>> In any event, the pkgconfig .pc files need to be updated to reflect the
>> change.
>
> They are correct, no change needed.

I ran into a problem building kino.

The includes are now each in their own directory. For instance,

find . /usr/include -name avcodec.h
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h

yet configure creates libavcodec.pc (svn 12936 ):

cat libavcodec.pc
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include/ffmpeg

Name: libavcodec
Version: 51.56.0
Requires:  theora vorbisenc libavutil = 49.6.0
Conflicts:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lavcodec   -lz -pthread -lm -la52 -lfaac -lfaad -lgsm
-lmp3lame -lm -ltheora -logg -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg -lx264 -lm
-lxvidcore    -ldl -ldl
Cflags: -I${includedir}

I would have thought that the .pc files would point directly to the
includes. FWIW, kino finds avcodec.h if includedir in libavcodec.pc is
changed to /usr/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec.

sean