[FFmpeg-devel] h264_annexbtomp4 filter ideas, was: Collection of patches

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Apr 24 16:26:15 CEST 2008

Thorsten Jordan wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer schrieb:
>> wOn Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:10:50AM +0200, Thorsten Jordan wrote:
>>> If one would solve this by writing a h264_annexbtomp4 bitstream filter,
>>> there are some issues:
>> The problem is the parser_split() API not h264_annexbtomp4. The world
>> is not just .mp4 and .h264, there are other containers needing the headers
>> seperated but in annex B format.
>> Besides this the decoder needs the headers as well, they can occur later
>> then the first IDR frame the common code will read ahead until the split
>> function has filled them in. Your suggested hack of doing this in
>> h264_annexbtomp4 will break decoding of such streams.
> ok, if I understood you correctly, you want no annexbtomp4 filter, but a

I do want an annexbtomp4 which will be used instead of doing it in mp4
muxer though :>

SMARTJOG SAS                                     http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312