[FFmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel] Cross Compiling to Windows CE

Muhammad Asif asiftasleem
Tue Apr 29 14:24:47 CEST 2008

I am trying to compile FFMPEG for WinCE. I am following Craig's blog at:
http://www.craigshaw.com/2008/04/23/BuildingFFMpegForWindowsCEWindowsMobile.aspx

But when I enter the following command:

$ ./configure --enable-cross-compile --target-os=mingw32ce
--cross-prefix=arm-wince-mingw32ce --arch=arm --disable-static --
enable-shared --disable-parsers --enable-memalign-hack --disable-ffmpeg
--disable-ffplay --disable-debug

It gives following error:

arm-wince-mingw32cegcc is unable to create an executable file.
C compiler test failed.
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

If I remove the --cross-prefix=arm-wince-mingw32ce option, it still gives
following error:

gcc is unable to create an executable file.
C compiler test failed.
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

Can some one let me know the solution.