[FFmpeg-devel] manual translated to portuguese

flavio qazav3.0
Wed Aug 13 21:05:54 CEST 2008

2008/8/5, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:06:32PM -0300, flavio wrote:
> > Hi there, just coming to the list, first post here =)
> >
> > I've just finished updating the ffmpeg manual translation to brazilian
> > portuguese. I write because I had done a translation previously, but now
> I'd
> > like to make it official, so that it may be updated more often and also
> go
> > together with ffmpeg in the releases.
> >
> > I've checked the documentation for ffserver, ffplay and faq in the svn
> and
> > they are not enormous, so I guess it won't take long for me to translate
> > them also.
> >
> > My questions then are:
> >
> > How can we do this?
>
> ask diego, he is maintainer of all the docs stuff ...

Diego, how can I reach him?

> Who can I send the .texi file to (and in which encoding,
> > utf-8, iso...)?
>
> utf-8 sounds nice ... assuming it works ...

It does, but I haven't managed to create a PDF with the portuguese
characters so far, even changing it to a ISO-xxx file... That's odd...
However, the html seems to be fine.

thanks for the reply,
flavio