[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] License header consistency

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Sun Aug 17 19:24:11 CEST 2008

On Sunday, 17 August 2008 at 19:20, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> "Robert Swain" <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:

> >> Why not simply provide a template.h and template.c with the correct headers
> >> already present. Or maybe template_gpl.* and template_lgpl.*.
> >>
> >> That way we could have both correct headers and less wasted developer time.
> >
> > +1 Exactly what I was about to say.
>
> Is it easier to copy from template.c than from utils.c?

Which utils.c?
[rathann at neeya ~/cvs/ffmpeg]$ find . -name utils.c
./libavformat/utils.c
./libavcodec/utils.c
./libavutil/utils.c

Is it documented somewhere that utils.c is the template? All of the
above are under the LGPL. What if someone wants a GPL template?

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org