[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Aug 17 19:29:27 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> This is the second issue id like to see clarified
>
> Do we require headers that do not need multiple inclusion guards out of
> technical reasons to have multiple inclusion guards?
> technical here is speed, compiler warnings or errors, or spec compliance

YES

> My vote is of course, no, as it makes the headers bigger and thus means
> more to read aka worse readability.

That's the most ridiculous argument I've heard in a while, especially
from someone capable of reading and comprehending Intel SSE code.

Do you have any TECHNICAL arguments for skipping those two lines?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com