[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Aug 17 21:15:30 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 07:37:02PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 06:27:45PM +0100, Robert Swain wrote:
> > 2008/8/17 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> > [The beginning of another potential flame war]
> >
> > Michael, do you really want to have the burden of flame wars on top of
> > reviewing code right now? I was hoping nothing would flare up for your
> > sake so you didn't feel compelled to deal with such but you seem to
> > now be starting it yourself...
>
> Sorry but if i commit code with a clear notice that it will be cleaned
> up ASAP and diego replies with nothing more than
> "(sigh)"

I replied because of the license headers, not because of the inclusion
guards, the lack of which I did in fact overlook.

Nothing is gained by committing rubbish intermediate versions to the
repository and the license headers remain unfixed, so your "cleanup
ASAP" argument does not hold water.

> then i really think you are now complaining to the wrong person about
> starting something

Look, you threatened Vladimir with stopping to review his patches, when
he submitted *working* but suboptimal code.  If you want to be elitist,
perfectionist, nitpickish

Diego